Thursday, November 19, 2009

12:4

I forgot this morning that today was the day that we got to color our hair. How convenient though that I just colored my hair this weekend (the bottle of spray color says something about not being able to use it for different reasons, and just highlighting it was one of them). I honestly forgot about that when I got it done, it was basically because the lady had an opening that Saturday, I had the money, and it NEEDED to be done. Enough rambling about my hair. A lot of students were disappointed because my hair wasn’t a different color, but they settled for glitter, as well as the reason. There was one student who was really upset with the fact that my hair wasn’t going to be pink. I apologized to her later, and she eventually just gave up on it/accepted the fact that it wasn’t going to happen. It almost seemed as though she is always disappointed with things, promised things, and those promises are always broken. I felt really bad, and I was deep down really excited to be one of those silly elementary teachers. I wasn’t worried about what others thought of me, I could honestly care less… I just didn’t want the color to stay, and I would have wasted a ton of money!

Math today went really well, I’m really excited with how things are progressing. Students understand three digit subtraction (as long as there isn’t a zero placed in the middle of the numbers, which is discussed a little later in the chapter) and understand the rules. I think they catch the pattern, and can do it! I am so excited, and I feel really confident. It just takes me back to addition where I wish I would have been able to redeem myself, because I know I could do it!

Tomorrow is integration day at school. It is RRC’s turn to host this time around, and I’m kind of excited to see how it goes. The day is exhausting, I’ll give the teachers credit for that… but it isn’t a horrible, I actually think it is a TON of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment